Who is LuxeTenten?
LuxeTenten B.V. (“LuxeTenten”) designs, develops, manufactures and sells safari tents and glamping lodges with a focus on the business-to-business market. More information about us and our work, services and products is available at our website www.luxetenten.com.
Privacy is very important to us. In this Privacy and Cookie Statement, we’ll explain which personal data we process. You can be sure that we take the greatest of care in this matter. And we’ll explain the purposes (reasons) for which we use personal data. You can save our Privacy and Cookie Statement
With personal data, we mean data that says something about you, and by which a person can be either directly or indirectly identified. Examples of personal data include your name and e-mail or home address. Telephone numbers and IP addresses are also personal data.
Personal data that we process and what we use it for
We process various types of personal data for different purposes. The overview below outlines the purposes for which we process personal data.
| Contact details and personal data of customers/potential customers.|
First name and surname, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
|We use this data for sending newsletters to people who have registered to receive the newsletters.|
|We use this data for confirming appointments for showroom visits.|
|We use this data for preparing a quote based on a request for a quote.|
|Marketing and sales activities.|
On what basis do we process your data?
We are not permitted to simply request or use your data. The regulations state that we may only do so if there is ‘a basis for processing’. This means that we may use your data for one or more of the following reasons:
• Executing the agreement : We need data in order to provide a quote or conclude an agreement.
• Legitimate interests: We may use your data in connection with our ‘legitimate interests’, for example for sending certain messages. However, we have to be able to demonstrate that our interests in the use of your data outweigh your right to privacy. We therefore carefully weigh up all of the interests.
• Consent: We process your data based on the consent that you have given, for example for sending newsletters. You may revoke this consent at any time.
Security of your data
We do our utmost to keep your data secure. Among other things, we have taken the following technological and organisational measures for dealing with your personal data:
• We have secured our systems, and we continue to invest in our systems, procedures and people.
• We ensure that our work methods are aligned with the sensitivity of your data.
• We train our people to handle your data securely.
• All of our employees have signed a confidentiality agreement.
• Personal data are only accessible within a protected environment.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep personal data for as long as we need it for the following stated purposes:
• Personal data belonging to customers – we keep this data for up to seven (7) years after the termination of the collaboration/affiliation, unless we are legally obliged to keep it for longer.
• Personal data relating to financial administration – we keep this data for up to seven (7) years unless we are legally obliged to keep it for longer.
• Other data – we only keep other personal data for as long as it is required for the purposes for which it was intended. We delete personal data as soon as it is no longer needed for the purposes for which we process it.
• Personal data belonging to job applicants – we store this data for up to four (4) weeks after the application process, unless we have the applicant’s consent to keep the data for one (1) year.
Do we share your personal data with third parties?
We use service providers who carry out work for us and process your data. We only provide them with the personal data necessary for them to perform the services, such as sending newsletters via e-mail and processing your data in our customer relationship management system. We select these companies carefully and conclude processing agreements with these parties. These processing agreements stipulate what these parties may do with personal data, how they must secure the data, and when the data must be deleted.
Inspection, correction, erasure, limitation and deletion:
• You have the right to request an overview of your data that we use.
• If your data is incorrect, you can ask us to rectify the data and we will do so as quickly as possible.
• In certain cases, you can ask us to delete your personal data. Please contact us through the details given below.
• You can also ask us to temporarily limit the use of your personal data, for example in the following instances:
• you believe that your personal data is incorrect,
• we are making improper use of your personal data,
• we want to delete your personal data but you still need it (for example, after the retention period).
Right to object to Direct Marketing
If you no longer wish to receive offers and services, you can always unsubscribe. This is simple to do through any marketing message.
Right to data portability (right to transferability of data)
Would you like to receive the data that you have given to us, and that we have automatically saved for the implementation for an agreement? This is possible, but only if we process your data on the basis of consent, or on the basis of the agreement that we have concluded with you. This is called ‘data portability’.
Cookies or similar technologies such as tracking pixels, fingerprint devices, web beacons, etc. (“cookies”) are text files that are stored on your computer, smartphone or tablet when you visit our website. The placement and reading out of cookies ensures that you do not repeatedly have to receive or enter the same information when you visit our website. In addition, we can track which pages on our website you visit and link data for example marketing purposes.
The cookies we use
• Functional cookies: these enable us to ensure that the website works properly. We use functional cookies for:
1. Saving preferences such as language and location
2. Matching your browser format to your monitor’s resolution
3. Enabling you to place a response on our website
• Analytical cookies: we use these cookies to analyse the way the website is used, so that we can improve the quality, effectiveness and experience. We use analytical cookies to optimise our website. We do this by:
1. Tracking the number of visitors to the website
2. Recording how long visitors stay on our website
3. Recording which pages the visitors view
• Marketing and advertising cookies: by placing marketing cookies, we can serve you targeted offers and show content that is relevant to you. We do our best to ensure that the advertisements align as closely as possible with your interests. For example, we use these cookies for sharing news, or to display relevant products. We also use social media cookies for this.
Cookies placed by third parties
For more information about the cookies placed by third parties and social media, and the data they gather, we refer you to the statements made by these parties on their own websites. See also the overview of cookies. These statements may change from time to time. LuxeTenten has no influence on this.
Overview of cookies
Download the overview of cookies here
Personal data that we process
No prior consent is required for the placement and reading of functional and analytical cookies that have little or no effect on the privacy of visitors. These cookies may always be placed when you visit our website, and cannot be disabled.
We request your consent before placing and reading other analytical, marketing and advertising cookies and social media cookies. You can provide this consent through our cookie banner, and you can always alter your consent at a later date.
We process or combine your data with those cookies that we use to process personal data and collect personal preferences. As explained previously, we have a ‘basis for processing’ that applies for every instance in which we process personal data.
Deleting or disabling cookies
If you do not want cookies, you can adjust your settings or delete the cookies yourself. Changing your cookies settings may have an effect on the functioning of the website.
The settings in most browsers can be configured in such a way that cookies do not get accepted, or that you receive a notification when you receive a cookie. You can find out how to configure your browser’s settings under its settings menu.
If you have any questions about this Privacy and Cookie Statement, please feel free to contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. We look forward to assisting you. If you are not happy with the way we’ve handled your data, you can submit a complaint to the management using the contact details at the end of this Privacy and Cookie Statement. You are also entitled to file a complaint with the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
LuxeTenten B.V., Titaniumweg 4, Emmeloord, firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone number: +31 (0)527-620325.
Changes to this Privacy and Cookie Statement
This Privacy and Cookie Statement was adopted on 10 February 2020. We may update our Privacy and Cookie Statement from time to time.